Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:05:36 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no, girgen@partitur.se
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: private network on router's external NIC?

At 01:01 AM 8/18/98 +0200, sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:
>- ISPs with the (bad) idea that they can use RFC 1918 for their internal
>network links, because (supposedly) the addresses won't get out. Guess
>what happens when you do a traceroute along one of these paths?

@Home does this, and it really bothers me.
Every time someone does a traceroute to me (or i do a traceroute), they/I
get 2 "blanks" in the hop list and it goes into my kernel logs...
Not to mention, I'm using 172.16.0.0/16, and they're using 172.16.4.0/24
(among some other RFC 1918 subnets)...

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com ludwigp@chipweb.ml.org
ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org