Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:18:16 -0200 (BRST)
From:      "Nenhum_de_Nos" <matheus@eternamente.info>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   issue with hfsc

hail,

I have 7-STABLE running as a router, and now I found to have this issue:

altq on $ext_if bandwidth 310Kb hfsc queue { ack_dns, ack_ssh, ack_msn,
ack_http, ack_http2, ack_bolo, ack_jogos }

   queue ack_dns        bandwidth  7% priority 7 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
 5%)
   queue ack_ssh        bandwidth 10% priority 6 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
20%) {ssh_bulk, ssh_login}
   queue ack_jogos      bandwidth 20% priority 5 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
20%)
   queue ack_msn        bandwidth 10% priority 4 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
5%)
   queue ack_http       bandwidth 35% priority 3 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
15%)
   queue ack_http2      bandwidth 13% priority 6 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
10%)
#   queue ack_bolo      bandwidth  1% priority 1 qlimit 500 hfsc
(upperlimit 10% default)
   queue ack_bolo       bandwidth  1% priority 1 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime
1% default)

altq on $int_if bandwidth 100Mb hfsc queue { http, ssh, dns, msn, bolo,
jogos, lan }
  queue dns     bandwidth  70Kb priority 7 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime 50Kb)
  queue ssh     bandwidth 100Kb priority 6 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime 100Kb )
  queue msn     bandwidth 50Kb  priority 5 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime 50Kb)
  queue jogos   bandwidth 100Kb priority 4 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime 100Kb)
  queue http    bandwidth 500Kb priority 3 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime 350Kb)
  queue bolo    bandwidth 180Kb priority 2 qlimit 500 hfsc (realtime 50Kb
default)

my problem is that http2 (and I assume the others also) just use all
upload when ack_bolo has upperlimit XX, not with realtime YY. this "bolo"
rule is the bulk (as for calomel's pf howto) and this should be the least
packets to go. http2 is for Folding@Home uploads, to be more than ack_bolo
(p2p) and less than http.

if I use uperlimit 10%, it works ok, but when not uploading from F@H, I
loose bandwidth for p2p. if I put realtime 1%, it takes almost all
bandwidth :(

if anyone has anything to help,

thanks in advance,

matheus