Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:20:22 -0600
From:      Michael Madden <madden@cmsrtp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Programming with Bourne or C shell

I have most of my interactive shell experience using bash on Linux and shell
programing on Unix-like systems with Bourne shell.  Since FreeBSD's default
shell is csh/tcsh, I was wondering if it's still considered an atrocity to
develop shell scripts with C shell:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/

Are most FreeBSD users still using csh or tcsh has their interactive
shell and sh for programming?  I think it would be nice to use the same
interactive and programming shell for consistency.

Thanks,
Mike