Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:57:13 +0200
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: archivers/pear-Archive-Tar makes portsdb -Uu break

Matthew Seaman wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 10:24:37PM +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have cvsuped to the latest and greatest and it seems that due to the
>> changes in the master-PHP-port, some things still don't work.
>>
>> So when I run portsdb -Uu it doesn't run through:
>>
>> *********
>> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
>> wait..pear-Archive_Tar-1.2: "/usr/ports/lang/php4-horde" non-existent --
>> dependency list incomplete
>> ===> archivers/pear-Archive_Tar failed
>> *** Error code 1
>> *********
>
>Hmmm... I saw this error early last week, but the problem was fixed
>several days ago.  Try cvsup'ing again, and check that you have
>version 1.9 of the archivers/pear-Archive_Tar/Makefile
>
>> There are probably more than these.
>
>INDEX builds prefectly well for me at the moment.  There are other
>problems with the new PHP ports, but they are mostly intrinsic to PHP
>and not problems with the ports system itself.

Oh - I have v1.9.
# $FreeBSD: ports/archivers/pear-Archive_Tar/Makefile,v 1.9 2004/05/08
16:14:55
thierry Exp $

What else could be the reason for this ?
I've got this problem rather often with CURRENT - the server in question
is 4_9p4 though.
Does that matter ?

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer@ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~