Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:39:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Douglas A. Maske" <maske@maske.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <charlie@infoworks.net>, <lebel@lebel.org>, <drosih@rpi.edu>, <jonas.bulow@servicefactory.se>
Subject:   IBM Thinkpad T20 ISSUE!!!!

Hello,
	A number of people have had problems with not being able to access
their FreeBSD partition after they install on a Thinkpad T20.  Well way
back when FreeBSD registered partition type 165 all was good until
recently.  IBM decided to make 165 standby mode by bios default on some
laptops.  I dont' know of a work around right now but I thought I would
inform people why this happens.  I am currently using OpenBSD but miss
FreeBSD on my mobile.

Thanks,
Doug