Date:      Sun, 24 Dec 1995 00:41:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jeff Bewley <wabbit@ionet.net>
To:        se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install probs: NCRc810/HP drive?

I managed to use the scroll-lock to get a copy of the messages
as the install disk starts up, but the messages after I select
"Quit" fly by *way* too fast to even focus on. (They're the
ones with the COMMAND ABORTED in them):
---
ncr0 <ncr 53c810 scsi> rev 2 int a irq 10 on pci:0:10
ncr0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
(ncr0:0:0) "HP C3725S 4299" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
scd0(ncr0:0:0): Direct Access
scd0(ncr0:0:0): FAST SCSI-@ 100ns (10 mb/sec) offset 8
2069MB (4238836 512 byte sectors)
(ncr0:1:0) "MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-504 ST22" type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd0(ncr0:1:0): 200ns (5MB/sec) offset 8
cd present.[308956x2048 byte records]
---

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is a hardware problem
on my end, but I'm not sure where to look.  The box is less than
a month, old, so a marginal NCR card or PCI bus might be to blame.(?)
You'd think, though, that Win95 or Linux would choke on either of
those two problems. Strange. (win95 scandisk found 500k of bad
blocks on the HP drive, which worries me a bit)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeff Bewley
wabbit@ionet.net