Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:39:02 +0800
From:      Teo Tse Chin <tcteo@pacific.net.sg>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Different approach to mergemaster

The main difference between what Mr Montgomery-Smith described and
mergemaster is that his method diffs the current /etc against the old
defaults before comparing with the new ones.  This way, only files
that've not changed (ie not hand edited) are updated automatically.

--

-tc-
tcteo AT pacific DOT net DOT sg