Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:41:29 +0200 (MESZ)
From:      "Hr.Ladavac" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
To:        steve@linux.sjs.com (Steve)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl & DBM ?

E-mail message from Steve contained:
> 	Why is it that when I try to create a password access file with
> Apache's dbmanage perlscript on a BSD system, it generates a Berkeley .db
> file? What do I need to do to get perl to create DBM i.e. .dir and .pag
> files when running dbmanage?

On FreeBSD you have to have ndbm first.  And if you do (normally you don't,
Berkeley-DB tries to do it instead) you have to compile NDBM instead of
Berkeley-DB support into Perl (we're talking of Perl4, right?)

IIRC, GNU gdb also creates .dir and .pag files, which are incompatible with
ndbm files with the same name.  So, which ones did you mean?

/Marino