Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:47:03 +0300
From:      Oleg N Panashchenko <helg@tav.kiev.ua>
To:        info@adn.edu.ph (Information Help Desk)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mgetty for getty

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.960612170712.3405B-100000@sili.adn.edu.ph> you wrote:

: 	I tried to experiment of using instead cuaa0, so the line in
: /etc/ttys I tried to change to,

: 	cuaa0  "/usr/local/sbin/mgetty -s 19200" dialup on secure

: And issued a kill -HUP 1, and mgetty is now in memory,

: 	...
: 	139 ??  S 0:00.07 /usr/local/sbin/mgetty -s 19200 cuaa0
: 	...

: I tried to dialin to FreeBSD with mgetty, but this time, it connects, the
: carrier doesn't drop but I can't see no login prompt for less than a
: minute and then the carrier drops. I have run out of ideas. (Again) What
: am I doing wrong.

You moving in right direction. Try to add a line like

debug 9

to your mgetty.config file. As a result you will have a lot of log
information, and new ideas.

Oleg