Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 11:07:07 +1000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/include/sys How To question

> How do I integrate opt_dlm.h into sys/dlm.h so that it will reflect the
> proper sizing? If the kernel was built on the target machine, it is simple.
> If not, it can be nasty.

Think about it for a second, and you will realise that what you ask is
impossible.  (imagine two kernels built with different values, eg.)

If you only have a small number of these tunables, make them sysctl
variables.  Otherwise, define a structure containing them and a new
ioctl to retrieve it.

mike