Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:12:12 +0000
From:      GuYong <guyong1978@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question about MLDv2 implemenation in Kernel

Hi, everyone,
I'm looking at the MLDv2 implemenation in kernel, and there seem to be some issues, could anyone confirm them?
1.  RFC3810 clause 6.1 mentions there is a Source Retransmission Counter associated to each source, so that the merged report could contain the content that is interrupted by a new state change report          BUT, I didn't see this is implemented currently!
2.  Regarding the 'Older Version Querier Present timer', the code is like this:old_version_timer = (mli->mli_rv * mli->mli_qi) + mli->mli_qri;
while mli->mli_qri = maxdelay, and maxdelay = ntohs(mld->mld_maxdelay).     BUT, mld_maxdelay is in units of milliseconds (clause 5.1.3), I think it should be divided by 1000 before it adds to old_version_timer.

3.  According to RFC, a node MUST accept and process any Query whose IP Destination Address field contains *any* of the address (unicast or multicast) assigned to the interface on which the Query arrives.          BUT, I see the code only accept General Query addressed to FF02::1.

Best Regards,Yong