Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 1995 10:32:05 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        rich@lamprey.utmb.edu
Cc:        dawes@physics.usyd.edu.au, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Memory leak somewhere?

>>> Rich Murphey said:

Howdy Rich,

Long time we don't hear from you :)

I switched to gnumalloc on XF86_S3 and I have not seen any problems.
It is kind of early to report bugs. So far xman is not hugging the
X server's memory, at one point xman managed to make the X server
grow to 20MB over here with libc's malloc. My guess is that there
is a memory leak on the X server. Given that xman exasperates the
problem it may be worth a try to use re-link the X server with
mprof and running xman againt the X server.

At any rate, I like gnu's malloc functionality of giving back to the
system memory that programs free up.

I recompiled mxterm with gnumalloc and right now  my system feels a bit more
snappy.

	Tnks,
	Amancio