Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:29:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpd, the Windows VPN Client and subnets

Udo Erdelhoff writes:
> short version of my question: Is it possible to pass a subnet mask and/or
> a broadcast address to a client during the negotiation?

Unfortunately, no.. PPP doesn't officially support doing that.

I think there may have once been an unofficial Microsoft proposalo
or something that got shot down.

What you can do is pass the NBNS server IP addresses to the
Win98 client via IPCP (see the mpd man page, ipcp section).
This "should" work assuming you have an NT domain controller
at that address, I think. Make sure you have the same workgroup
setting too, etc.

-Archie