Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:13:13 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rare problems in upgrade process (corrupted FS?)

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

On 2008-Sep-26 12:22:55 +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org>=
 wrote:
>1) I do the sync process with csup(1); next I go into=20
>/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf to edit the GENERIC file (I use a custimized=20
>kernels) and this file doesn't exists.

You might like to check your CVSup site against
http://www.mavetju.org/unix/freebsd-mirrors/
to confirm it is updating correctly.  GENERIC should exist.

>* I reboot the machine (because of I suspect a very weird FS problem),=20
>boot in single user mode and do a 'fsck -fy'. Effectively, the fsck(8)=20
>found and repair several errors. Epecially, one error claims my=20
>attention: SUPERBLOCK.

It might have been useful if you had kept a record of the exact
messages.  If you repeat the fsck, does it now report any problems?

If you are using an up-to-date CVSup mirror, my next suggestion
would be hardware problems.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm