Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 00:40:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Thomas Koper <thomas.koper@ngi.de>
To:        cokane@one.net (Coleman Kane)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4 and DRI with voodoo3

> Two possibilities:
> 1) You are not loading the tdfx.ko that can be built from the XFree86 source
> tree.
How do I do that? I tried to built it manualy but I'm not sure if I'm doing this
right, because the build fails. What i did: I extracted the src files, and went
to the directory ./programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel/tdfx
typed in make. And thats it I'm not that expert with compiling something,
so I'm quite sure that I'm doing something wrong.

> 2) You are running in a resolution that your card does not support for GL.
I'm running in 1024x768 with 16bit color depth. This should be supported, or?

> I have a Matrox G200 that works in FreeBSD for DRI.
Did you have to do something else from doing a make install in the ports?
Because that was what I did.

regards Thomas Koper