Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:39:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        leth@primus.ca
Subject:   Re: cvsup server warnings; /usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs

In article <Pine.BSF.4.40.0112011255580.12693-100000@lethargic.dyndns.org>,
Jason Hunt  <leth@primus.ca> wrote:
> I don't know if it's just something I missed, or if this has been answered
> before, but when I try cvsup'ing my ports I get numerous messages about
> not being able to write
> /usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/{port-section}/{port-name}/files/patch-*,v
> and
> /usr/local/etc/cvsup/freebsd/FreeBSD.cvs/{port-section}/{port-name}/pkg-*
>
> I am using cvsup 16.1e and cvsup2.ca.freebsd.org
>
> My supfile is as follows:
>
> *default host=cvsup2.ca.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
>
> ports-all

I seriously doubt that that's the supfile you are using.  Those
error messages just don't correspond to it at all.  First, the
supfile specifies a prefix of "/usr", but the error messages
indicate that the prefix is really "prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs".  Second,
it is complaining about "*,v" files, which you wouldn't be getting
if you had "tag=." in your supfile.

This looks exactly like you are using the supfile from the
cvsup-mirror port, not the one you posted.

John
--
  John Polstra