Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:39:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Christian Chen <oistrakh@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mouse wheel stops working after hardware upgrade

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4RC1. I have an Intellimouse PS/2 mouse whose wheel
was working fine on a Pentium III-based system. I recently upgraded
just the mb/cpu/ram to AMD, and now the mouse wheel no longer works.
My XF86Config specifies a mouse protocol of "Auto", and I have all
the ZAxisMapping/Buttons settings there ... everything worked fine on
my old motherboard/cpu, my XF86Config settings haven't changed. Any ideas
on how to troubleshoot the problem? Any known BIOS settings I need to tweak?
Perhaps some kernel setting I need to tweak for AMD versus PIII?

I'm running XFree86 4.1. Thanks in advance!

Christian Chen