Date:      02 Aug 2002 13:57:12 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Fabio Miranda <fmirand@yahoo.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD official help!

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 13:49, Fabio Miranda wrote:
> Hi, I followed Joe adiveced and keep failing with
> gnome2, and the last advcied "portupdate -rf gettext"
> dont let me "undo" the changes, so i cant run apps:
> %mutt
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.2"
> not found
>
> HELP!, WHAT'S HAPPENING TO FREEBSD PACKAGES!!!
>
> THE OLNY PORTS THAT WORK ARE THE ONE THAT COMES ON
> A -RELEASE CDROM???

Calm down.  You still have some files that are linked against
libintl.so.2.  For example, mutt.  If the portupgrade command didn't
work (and it really should have).  Then you'll have to do:

portupgrade -f mutt

If you didn't install mutt from port or package, you'll have to cd
/usr/ports/mail/mutt, then rebuild and install it.  Unfortunately,
symlinking libraries won't work here as we've found some symbol names
have changed in libintl.so.4.

Joe