Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:45:26 -0500
From:      Louis-Philippe Alain <xenub@boisfrancs.qc.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewall: What to change?

Hello,
	I just would like to know what equipement de I need to add and what do I
have to modify and change in my FreeBSD-2.2.2 configuration to make my
firewall work. I currently have two Ports Terminals (100 modems), 3 FreeBSD
machines (mail server, web server, dns server) and a CISCO router. The
default gateway for the Ports Terminal are the router (I can't build my
firewall on the router because we don't own it and we don't have access to
it). If I change the default gateway of my port terminal to a FreeBSD
machine, what supplementary hardware will I need and what are the
configurations I'll have to change to make packets the are coming from the
Ports Terminals go to the router...)? And will it slow the FreeBSD machine?
Should I buy another computer to do just that? And will it slow the
connection of my users?

Thanks a lot!

Louis-Philippe Alain