Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:04:37 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Michael Chin-Yuan Wu <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding a Chinese /usr/compat/linux

[Added -ports]

Michael Chin-Yuan Wu wrote:

> The Taiwanese FreeBSD group have made a FreeBSD port made up for a
> Chinese version of /usr/compat/linux.
>
> It basically installs the many rpms that "Chinese Linux Extensions"
> ( http://cle.linux.org.tw ) have.
>
> After the install, the linuxulator would have a Chinese-capable
> /usr/compat/linux.  I am interested in introducing it into
> the base system.  Should it stay a port? or what do you suggest
> that we do with it?

It should stay a port. If I understand it correctly, it is a replacement
for linux_base, right? In that case, we should make a tawanese
linux_base. In the handbook you'll find what kind of name scheme we're
using for that, IIRC it would be something like tw-linux_base. You might
want to look it up though, as I'm not at all sure.

Maybe someone on the list can be more precise on this...

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org