Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:00:58 -0700
From:      Kristopher Zentner <kzentner@section6.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   10/11/2002 FreeBSD 4.7-stable kernel panic

Greetings all.

Usually I have very few problems with FreeBSD, in fact this is my first
in years so it could be a pretty bad bug, or something changed and I
haven't found it yet. I upgraded to 4.7-stable today 10/11/2002. Made
world, mergemastered, made and installed the kernel, rebooted and I got
the kernel panic at the bottom of this mail. Here's some proc and
memory stats:

CPU: AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor (300.68-MHz 586-class CPU)
   Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x584  Stepping = 4
   Features=0x8001bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8,MMX>
   AMD Features=0x80000800<SYSCALL,3DNow!>
real memory  = 134217728 (131072K bytes)
avail memory = 126668800 (123700K bytes)

I can post the rest of the dmesg if needed (though I know some people
get turned off at seeing an entire dmesg and this mail is long enough).
For now I'll include the problem part (which I only was able to get
after copying as it kept rebooting). The thing is that my old
4.6-stable kernel *works*, so I doubt this is a hardware problem on my
end. This kernel, even when compiled with the GENERIC config produces
the same results. I really hope this is fixable, I love my FreeBSD.
Btw, please reply to kzentner@u.washington.edu since I just unsubbed
from -stable about a week ago (doh!). Any help is much appreciated. If
any additional info (more dmesg, mb make, etc) is needed I will happily
provide it.

-Kris

--Begin Kernel Panic message

eiso0: (EISA Bus)

fault virtual address:		=	0x0
fault code 			=	supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer		=	0x8:0xc07350e0c
stack pointer			=	0x10:0xc0553f1c
frame pointer			=	0x10:0xc0553f24
code segment			=	base 0x0 limit 0xffff, type 0x1b
					=	DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		=	interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		=	0 (swapper)
interrupt mask			=	net tty bio cam
trap number			=	12
panic: page fault