Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:21:12 -0500
From:      "Andrew J. Korty" <korty@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Olivier Siegwart <siegwao6@cti.ecp.fr>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Video Card

In message <01BB1DA5.3A87AC80@olivier.via.ecp.fr>
 Olivier Siegwart <siegwao6@cti.ecp.fr> writes:

> I've got a 'Diamond Stealth 64 Video 2001'  PCI video card.
> I don't manage to configue X11R6 for it under FreeBSD 2.1.0 RELEASE.
> I use a Samsung monitor : SynMaster 17GLi

We've had some problems with this on one of our machines.  I believe
the chipset on that particular card is the Weitek P9100, which I
believe is as of yet unsuported by XFree86.  I think your only bet is
to use the SVGA server; however, we've only been able to get that to
work in 320x200!  I've still got some serious banging to do on it,
though.

Andy