Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:08:39 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Enoch Ceshkovsky" <shadey@home.com>
Cc:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
Subject:   Re: NATD/Libalias leaks

> I cvsup'ed the latest -stable libalias & natd to a separate directory, just
> compiled both & installed. Problem solved, no leaks plus its much faster.
> (lower ping times on quake, etc) Perhaps the -current team can just copy
> the -stable over since it seems that -stable has done quite a bit of work to
> it.

It's the other way 'round.  Libalias in -current has three
modifications that have not been committed to -stable, and a few
fixes besides.

> Version 2.5: December, 1997 (ee)
>     - Added PKT_ALIAS_PUNCH_FW mode for firewall
>       bypass of FTP/IRC DCC data connections.  Also added
>       improved TCP connection monitoring.
>
> Version 2.6: May, 1998 (amurai)
>     - Added supporting routine for NetBios over TCP/IP.

I added alias_cuseeme.c

It looks like Matt's going to have a crack at alias_nbt according to
his followup to bin/8962.

Can you try building the -current version of libalias with
-DNO_FW_PUNCH and see if that makes a difference ?  If it does, we
can point the finger at Eivind (cc'd, hi;)

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;