Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:08:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: sftp/ssh quell shell? [Kris]

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> PL> experimenting to get scp (and qpopper) to work, the problem I kept running
> PL> up against seemed to be that I was running tcsh as my shell on both the
> PL> local FreeBSD box and the destination FreeBSD box.  All I wanted to do was
> This cannot be the cause of your problem: I (and many other people, since tcsh is ths default FreeBSD shell) do this every day.

myprompt$ scp -S ssh -C pete@thehostname-here.com:/var/mail/pete
usage: scp [-pqrvBC46] [-S ssh] [-P port] [-c cipher] [-i identity] f1 f2
   or: scp [options] f1 ... fn directory

I was going to show you what I mean, but I don't remember how, ugh.  The
error message was something related to "setenv TERM" and some kind of
ioctyl undefined message or something.

Oh and by the way, `man scp` doesn't explain *where* you want the remote
file copied, for example, to the working directory or mirror the full path
of the remote file locally.  Know whaddaye mane?

> PL> Not sure I follow 100% but you've got me on the right track I suppose, Thx.
> .cshrc is a shell script.  You can use csh commands to only conditionally execute part of the script if the variables are set. -Kris

Uh, what?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder