Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:36:23 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tested wanted: BSD-licensed libgcc replacement, libcompiler_rt

--Lb0e7rgc7IsuDeGj

Hi all,

* Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>, 20101022 16:30:
> At EuroBSDCon I was talking with some committers active in the area of
> Clang (brooks, kwm, others) about replacing our libgcc shipped with GCC
> 4.2.1 with a BSD-licensed version. The LLVM folks have a BSD licensed
> implementation called libcompiler_rt. See:
>=20
> 	http://compiler-rt.llvm.org/

I was talking with Robert Watson about this the other day. The codebase
of compiler-rt also contains the libBlocksRuntime.so library, which
is fundamental in making Grand Central Dispatch (GCD) work. Because of
its small size (12 KB), I think I'll also include it in the import.

This means that after the import, libdispatch is the only port needed to
make Grand Central Dispatch work on FreeBSD HEAD.

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--Lb0e7rgc7IsuDeGj