Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:20:03 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: GCC 3.0

I read a while back that GCC 3.0's performance, particularly on the Athlon,
was quite bad compared to the latest 2.* series (excluding the very, very
latest which did some things the 3.0 way)

Has this changed with the latest releases of GCC 3.0? The release notes for
3.0 said that it had a bette rx86 backend for better performance. Was better
performance ever realized?
I would test this myself, but I have have a bad experience using 2 separate
versions of GCC, so I prefer not to go there. If anyone knows off the top of
their head, I would be interested in that information.