Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 00:57:29 -0600
From:      Stephen Fisher <sfisher@twrol.com>
To:        James Kalmadge <kalmadg@banet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bye-bye Windows

James Kalmadge wrote:

<links clipped>  Thanks for the URL! Interesting =)

> I don't  know what the general feeling  around here is, but I have read
> many people's
> letters outlining why FBSD beats Linux technically, etc.  And therefore it
> will eventually
> be the OS of choice, &c, &c, &c . . . .
>
> It might be true.  But Linux is winning the PR war (If there is one).

The main difference I see is that Linux is for desktops.  FreeBSD is for
servers/high performance workstations, etc.  Desktops are much more
popular so Linux seems to be.

Just look at Microsoft.. they have all of the PR down and are sitting on
top of everyone else with it.

> I remember hearing and reading about the obvious advantages of BETAMAX.
>
> What kind of VCR do you own?

Good point...
  VHS..
:\