Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:11:57 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@cyclades.com
Subject:   PCI 16 port Cyclades w/2.2-ALPHA (FreeBSD)

I recently just returned my 32 port ISA Cyclades cards in favor of PCI
Cyclades 32 port cards. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get them to be
properly recognized (the machine sees a card, but then gets a parity
error, and the kernel panics & freezes).

Could someone send me their (working?) kernel config file for these
cards for FreeBSD 2.2-ALPHA, so I can make sure its just not something stupid
that I'm doing...

Also, if there is any special procedure thats recommended for setting these
cards up (ie - using CYTEST or the like), please fill me in on that. The
FreeBSD handbook seems minimal on the subject. The manpage is great
for the ISA, but makes no reference to the PCI version, and the Cyclades
documentation says "see the FreeBSD documentation".

Thanks in advance.
	-Brian