Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:12:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dylan Carlson <damage_z@yahoo.com>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>, Flemming Froekjaer <flemming@froekjaer.org>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Java on FreeBSD

> The original question addressed the existence of Java support, not just
> making
> it run.  It's one thing to get a supported feature working; it's quite
> another
> to want a feature that doesn't exist.

Why are you debating on things you evidently know little about?

Java actually works very well under FreeBSD -- had you read my original post,
you might have noted that I've got 28 instances of VM running across 14 FreeBSD
4.4 machines.

There are many fine developers out there trying to advance the usability of
FreeBSD's Java implementations beyond what they are today.

Please avoid trying to speak on behalf of the entire FreeBSD community if you
have personal/philosophical reasons to not use Java.   Those views are not at
all a FreeBSD philosophy, AFAIK.

The original poster came here looking for assistance getting Java to work under
FreeBSD.   That's what this list is for; HELPING PEOPLE.   It's not for airing
personal opinions on things unless someone asks for it -- and in that case,
it's not necessary to Reply-All.

Some people (unfortunately) see a plea for help as soapbox for their
opinions... as if anyone cares what you think of Java?   FreeBSD is a platform
for Java.  Java is a very successful language and works well for many reasons,
for many people -- some of which will use it on FreeBSD.   I hope more do.
Deal with it.