Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 1997 00:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
Cc:        Support <support@harvi.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hello

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Nadav Eiron wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Support wrote:
> > I want to start up an ISP bussiness but i want to know if this software is
> > good for that. Also i want to know if this is an operating system? is this
>
> FreeBSD is a UNIX-style OS. It is used by many ISPs world wide. Like any

FreeBSD is not a "UNIX-style" OS, it *is* UNIX.  Of the BSD variety.
You (Nadav) know that but I just wanted to make it clear to the
uninformed reader.

Personally I don't think the learning curve is that steep either.
With Unix I can read _The Unix Programming Environment_ by K & P *
and basically be done with it.  With NT I have to figure out how
to twist their picture of "one person, one computer" into a
working model.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com

* YES there is continuing education, but once you have the basics
  it's pretty easy.