Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:19:15 -0600
From:      RichardH <richardh@wsonline.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   random reboots

We are experiencing random reboots on 4.7. Have seen other postings in here
regarding this issue so it does not appear to be hardware related but have
not seen a definitive answer to what is going on. No core dumps, etc.
Please respond if you are having same problem. We are doing 4.7 on a "test"
server running AMD 400 CPU and would like to goto 4.7 on production servers
but with random reboots this is not feasible. As I said this has come up on
"questions" before but still has not been fully addressed. Running newest
Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, just can't up to 4.7 yet (was rebooting before
any of the previous were upped,Apache, etc.) 4.6 was totally stable .
Rebooting probs started after upping to 4.7 FBSD and are totally random.
Thanks for any input.

Richard H