Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 1995 20:16:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Memory leak somewhere?

As Rich Murphey wrote:

> When FreeBSD had two separate malloc shared libraries we had
> a XFree86 release which could use either malloc library simply
> by swapping the names.  Substituting libgnumalloc.so.1.1 for
> libmalloc.so.1.1 worked just fine for the server.  But this
> was only my individual testing and nothing rigorous.
>
> We don't really know whether the problems last year using
> gnumalloc were due to valid differences in the API or
> unwitting problems in the server itself.  But we can start
> beta testing with gnumalloc and see how it goes.  Rich

Hmm, except for XFree86 3.1.1, i've always modified my xf86site.def to
use -lgmalloc (i simply forgot it when re-vamping the last official
version from scratch).  I've never noticed any problems.  (And due to
the modification of the site.def, this has been inherited by all
clients, too.)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/