Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2015 09:09:25 -0500
From:      Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?TWFya28gQ3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update and lib32

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Marko Cupa=C4=87 <marko.cupac@mimar.rs> wr=
ote:

> I have noticed that, after initial install of FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE
> without lib32 selected, /usr/lib32 folder is created nevertheless,
> containing 3 empty dirs: dtrace, i18n and private. However, running
> freebsd-update on such system pulls a bunch of files into /usr/lib32
> and its subdirs while updating to FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p5.
>
> Are those files really necessary on 64-bit only system?

There was a glitch in production of 10.1-R that left lib32 mostly empty by
default, and -p1 attempted to fix it. I suspect both the original bug and
the fix ignored the lib32 setting.

--=20
brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine associate=
allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.ne=
unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad        http://sinenomine.ne=