Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 06:54:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   FreeBSD on laptops

	I posted a question a couple of days ago asking if anyne had a X config
	file for use on a Toshiba 500CDT. I received no replies with useful
	information.

	So let me broaden the question a bit. Can anyone pint me to some
	documentation about installinf FreeBSD on laptops in general, or
	Toshibas i particualr?

	I have the oS loaded, and it works well in caracter mode. The mouse is
	a PS/2 like one, and I know that I ave to rebuild the kernel for this.
	But I haven't got a clue how to setupthe XGree86config file for the
	built in display. I also have some questions about using a PCMCIA
	ethernet card. It' lookes like the stabdard kernel is probeing this OK
	though. I haven't yet hooked it up to my network to test it.

	Anyone runing FreeBSD on one ofthes machines?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems