Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:37:01 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp (NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa), eculp@MexComUSA.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network problem with Laptop/Current.

In message <199904260643.IAA47125@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
: It works fine with both 3.1 and 4.0-current, the reason it fails now
: is because the pcic/pccard stuff has not been moved to new-bus yet.
: The patches (well 3 oneliners) fixes this for the time being, until
: somebody has the time to convert the driver to new-bus.

The three oneliners kinda sorta fix it for the time being.  Not all
laptops are fixed by it (I know my vaio has me using the zp driver
because of random panics when I unplug the card).  However, if they
work for you, more power to you.

Rest assured that I'm working on the pcic/pccard stuff right now
and should have stage one of newbusification done early this week.
Phase one is where minimal cahnges are done to get rid of unstable
interrupt hacking that it is doing which used to be right, but now is
bogus.  Phase two will be much more radical, hopefully obviating the
need for pccardd in most cases.

Warner