Date:      Fri, 29 Jul 2011 22:29:57 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problems with mplayer & teTeX-base after updating ports(SOLVED)

@All

I have solved the problem with TeTeX.  I had to remove symlinks to
files created by texlive manually and reinstall the ports one at a
time and I am back.  Sorry for the noise.

BTW,
I figured out that I needed /usr/ports/print/latex-pgf/ for the
diffyqs.tar.gz (Differential Equations Book source that did not
compile ) referenced in other thread., I also got print/pdfjam,
print/psletter-utils/, for pdfnup, and psnup, respectively.

/*  Need latex-pgf for this book with default TeTeX packages from FreeBSD */
Book is found here:
http://www.jirka.org/diffyqs/

Source is here:
http://www.jirka.org/diffyqs/diffyqs.tar.gz

I create build script:
/*********** build script **************/

#!/bin/sh

pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode diffyqs.tex
pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode diffyqs.tex
makeindex diffyqs
pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode diffyqs.tex

/*  end of book that could not compile in FreeBSD with teTeX packages
from FreeBSD */

The mplayer port still crashes, but I will wait a fix from maintainer
and/or mplayer list.  Sorry for the noise with *tex* here.  I
apologize.

Regards,

Antonio