Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:14:17 -0500
From:      Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?V=E1clav_Haisman?= <v.haisman@sh.cvut.cz>
Cc:        Willy@Offermans.Rompen.nl, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: imap-uw on FreeBSD 6.2

On Mar 15, 2007, at 6:29 AM, V=E1clav Haisman wrote:

> I advise you against using IMAP UW, unless you know your mailboxes =20
> won't
> grow beyond just few megabytes or that there will be only few of them.
> Their reading and rewriting of whenever you make changes can stress
> server quite a lot.

This is only true if you use one of the deprecated mailbox formats =20
such as mbox (unix).  However, if you use the recommended mailbox =20
format, mbx, you will have no problems with large mailboxes.

See

   http://www.washington.edu/imap/documentation/formats.txt.html

I have little problem with mbx files containing tens of thousands of =20
messages.

-j

--=20