Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 16:41:07 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building cross compilation enviornments

I've been surfing the web for the better part of today. I'm hoping someone with
more experience can step up to the plate and shine a little light on this.

I'm looking at trying to set up a FreeBSD system to cross compile for
Solaris (sparc) 2.5.1, HP/UX 11.0, IBM AIX, and, if possible, Windows NT.

I can grab all of the include files and libraries off of real machines of
these types. It seems I should just be able to configure gcc to do it, and
go, but I've been having difficulties. I've been (possibly incorrectly)
mucking with --prefix, --target, --with-headers, --with-libs, but to no
avail.

Solaris would be my primary target, so any pointers to get this working
would be a plus. Documentation really welcome.
	-Brian