Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:14:35 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexander Hausner <alh@teleweb.at>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pthreads with sprintf/dtoa

> on Thu, 25 Jan 2001 Mike Smith wrote:
> >
> >__dtoa has static locals.  Bad function, no biscuit.
> =

> I think this can be a serious problem for any threaded application,
> I have not tested your patch yet, you think this is only a temporary
> solution right? Have you commited this patch to current? Is somebody
> else working on that?

There are still serious problems; Tor pointed out that the Bigint =

freelist probably needs protection too.

Personally, I think the entire interface is totally bogus, and the =

allocator should just call malloc.  I don't have any benchmarks to test =

printf speed though...

-- =

=2E.. every activity meets with opposition, everyone who acts has his