Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:11:39 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   duplex and 10/100 problems with ed and others (Re: Netgear FA410TXC)

Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net> probably said:
> ifconfig ed0 media 100baseTX
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFMEDIA: Invalid argument
> ifconfig ed0 mediaopt full-duplex
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFMEDIA: Invalid argument

From my similar problems with an ed card that I was trying to switch
to full duplex I believe that the ed driver doesn't support doing
this.

Hopefully I'm wrong or this may change, but the lack of ability to
switch these manually (or even autonegotiate properly when the same
machine and cards negotiates properly with 'doze :( ) caused me no end
of problems.

Are there any pcmcia 10/100 cards supported by PAO that use a driver
you can force if the negotiation doesn't work properly ?

Anyone I can talk to about getting the ed driver to support the things
several of us seem to want ?

:/

P.

--