Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:39:55 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net>
To:        bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is set device cuaa0 correct to allow dialins in ppp.conf?

> ttyd0:
>  set device /dev/cuaa0
>  accept dns
>  set dns 203.56.180.1
>  set ifaddr 203.56.180.150 203.56.180.17
> 255.255.255.255
>  enable proxy
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Should I do an overriding...
>  set device cuaa0
> in the tty profile????

You shouldn't need to.

> In ttys I have a line...
>  ttyd0 "/usr/libexec/getty VH57600"  dialup on

I don't have an entry 'VH57600' in my /etc/gettytab, but I guess you
might.  It's not clear whether you have gone the extra steps required here
(though you may well have).  Have you changed either the default: (or
VH57600: in your case) entry in /etc/gettytab to point at something that
will fire up /usr/sbin/ppp?  It _sounds_ like you haven't.  If not, one way
of doing it is adding:

:pp=/usr/local/bin/ppplogin:

to default: (or the entry of your choice) in /etc/gettytab, then
creating /usr/local/bin/ppplogin to contain:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/ppp -direct ttyd0

(ttyd0 only because that's what you've labelled the section in ppp.conf).

> I am lost here. Can't figure it out. thanks

If this doesn't nudge you along far enough, I'm happy to be more explicit.
It's just not entirely clear what you've already done.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:paul.hoadley@student.adelaide.edu.au