Date:      15 Oct 1998 03:23:32 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling C. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Warning: libc breakage

If you cvsupped -current around 7 or 8 pm GMT, watch out for possible
breakage in src/lib/libc/gen/exec.c. It'll compile but may break some
programs, though it's not very serious (you'll still be able to
recompile a functioning libc even with a broken libc installed) Check
the revision number in RCS Id of that file; it should be 1.9:

# ident /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/exec.c
/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/exec.c:
     $Id: exec.c,v 1.9 1998/10/14 20:23:40 des Exp $

If you have 1.8 you have the bug. Recompile libc by running:

# cd /usr/src/lib/libc
# make all && make install -DNOMAN

I'll blame it on Bruce, who reviewed my code but didn't spot the bug ;)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no