Date:        Tue, 29 May 2001 09:17:14 +0200
From:      Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
To:        jim@ohio.com
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interesting uname output after kernel recompile

Jim Arnold wrote:

> > No, but the only possible way for you to get that is if you updated
> > your sources.
> >
> > Kris
>
> There *must* be something else going on. I
> simply commented out a few items in
> the config file and did a make depend, make and
> make install and rebooted.
>
> Every night I do run
> /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
>
> where I pull in:
> src-all
> src-crypto
> src-secure

If I'm right you don't need to specify src-crypto and src-secure, because
you have specified src-all which means _ALL_.

> *default tag=.
> ports-all
> doc-all
>
> but i haven't done a "make world" or anything like
> that to upgrade the system.

That doesn't matter, the kernel sources _ARE_ updated every night so when
you compile a new kernel you will get a STABLE kernel.

I don't know whether or not this might cause trouble in this particular
case, if I were in you position I would do a make buildworld and make
installworld as well.

Arjan