Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:52:30 -0800
From:      Stephen Ritter <t_sritte@qualcomm.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ASUS P2L97DS

Hello, I am fairly new to FreeBSD (a linux convert!) and would like to know
if any of you have experience putting together a machine using the ASUS
P2L97DS motherboard?  I would like to build a machine which would initially
only have one PII300 on the board, but eventually I would add the second.

My questions:

1) Will this board work with FreeBSD SMP?
2) Will the FreeBSD kernel be able to detect/use the on-board SCSI controller?
3) Does anyone on this group have experience with this board or ASUS in
general?

Thanks in advance for any information!!

P.S. If my questions can be answered in a FAQ somewhere please let me know
(i.e. RTFM is a perfectly good answer).