Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:30:28 GMT
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        firewire@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/98134: [patch] fwcontrol(8): MPEG2-TS/HDV support for fwcontrol

The following reply was made to PR bin/98134; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, hopet@ics.muni.cz
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:20:36 -0400

 Thank you very much for this work, Petr! I wish, I found it a month ago, when
 I began struggling with my camera (Sony HDR-HC3).

 Your patch did not work "out of the box" -- the first packet arriving from the
 wire had the DV-mode, although the rest were MPEG.

 So I added a way to force a mode (either "dv" or "mpeg") as per the following
 patch:

 	http://aldan.algebra.com/~mi/fwcontrol-6.0-mi.patch

 The patch incorporates your work, and makes the utility compile cleanly with
 WARNS=3 on both i386 and amd64. Now we just need a committer to update the
 source tree... Although still incomplete, the fwcontrol would become much
 more useful.

 I'm downloading my videos as I write this. Thanks again!

 	-mi