Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:37:14 -0500
From:      DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
To:        'User Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Source of closed port RST responses

I am routinely seeing these entries in one of my servers logs.

Limiting closed port RST response from 373 to 200 packets/sec

The server sits behind a PIX firewall, so I am suspicious of what is
trying to connect to a closed port. I don't see in any other logs what
port is being hit, or what IP is causing these log entries.

Any way to tell what the source IP of these is?

Thanks,

DAve
--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org