Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:33:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@nojunk.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About free bsd

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:
>just to play the Daemon's advocate:
>
>Have you ever calculated the cost of *everything* that you can do with
>FreeBSD (e.g. in terms of other commercial Unices or M$uxware) ?
>
>You might begin by listing StarOffice ($0) or Applixware (~ $100) on
>the left, and M$Office on the right.
>
>And do NOT forget the *server* side of the comparison ...
>
>When you are finished with your arithmetic, please let me know.

Well i'm not quite sure how you took my comment, but i am an avid
FreeBSD fan.  I just thought it was *all* volunteers.  I didn't
realize there was a group of paid programmers.  Believe me, you are
preaching to the choir.  I love BSD.

"Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell, and i didn't care
which...."