Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 13:40:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso8859-1?Q?Mattias_Bj=F6rk?= <thrawn@linux.nu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports problems when typing make in a ports dir. ( Any )

Hi,

I have updated my FreeBSD box from a FreeBSD 4.5 CD that I installed from.
Then after that I mounted /usr/src and /usr/obj from a NFS server and did
make a buildworld. So Im running Stable on it know. And i run every
command, as in /usr/src/UPDATING.

cd /usr/src
make buildworld
config /usr/src/sys/i386/config/GENERIC
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC
make depend ; make ; make install
reboot
make installworld
mergemaster
reboot

And I did that without any problems what so ever. ( No errors ) And know
that I try to run as an example:

mount /usr/ports ( over NFS )
cd /usr/ports/mail/qmail
make

'=3D=3D=3D> qmail-1.03-1 : Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. =
You
need a fresh make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and follow the
instructions.

I don't understand what is going on here! As you can see I have upgraded
my system to stable. But I can't figure out whats the catch is here, could
somebody please give me a hand here?

Let me know if there is more that you want to know, perhaps I have
forgotten too tell something that is important. Here is my uname -a:

FreeBSD fjat.birch.se 4.6-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE #0: Mon Oct  6
10:28:35 CET 1980     root@fjat.birch.se:/usr/src/sys/compile/FJAT  i386

So im running 4.6-PRERELEASE, ( stable ) So I don't get whats wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

Mvh Mattias Bj=F6rk

Five is a sufficiently close approximation to infinity.
=09=09-- Robert Firth