Date:      Sun, 05 Oct 1997 13:44:23 -0700
From:      Marty Gordon <mlghome@home.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   mail.local: sendto biff: Permission denied

I'm running a FreeBSD 2.2-stable system that was CVSUPed and
rebuilt as of: "FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE #0: Tue Sep  2 13:48:15
PDT 1997"

After adding some additional users to the system with
'adduser', I get the following message, which I assume gets
issued for each piece of mail coming in:

Oct  5 12:55:11 CX63802-A mail.local: sendto biff:
Permission denied

Is this a permissions/ownership problem with the /var/mail
directory:

drwxrwxr-x   2 bin     mail       512 Sep  3 19:57 mail

or the individual mail files in /var/mail, or some other
dumb thing that I've overlooked?

Thanks,
Marty