Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:12:06 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kernel build breakage if COMPAT_43 not defined

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     The compile dies with prototype-missing errors on osig*() routines
>     in kern/kern_sig.c and i386/i386/machdep.c if COMPAT_43 is not defined.

This is a known problem. We need to introduce something like
COMPAT_FBSD3 and make the code conditional on that. It's now conditional
on COMPAT_43 which is wrong, because the osig* code is not 4.3BSD
specific.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/